Thank you so much to Maxine@ The Rogue Storyteller for nominating me for the Liebster award! I haven’t done one of these posts in a while 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
1. Which three books define you as a reader?
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
I like to highlight this book because it shows the type of book that I am attracted to- one that challenges my current views and makes me really uncomfortable. If you haven’t read this book, you should. It deals with extremely sensitive subject matter and I have never felt pulled in so many directions. I love how Colleen Hoover made me feel so conflicted about a subject I previously considered very black and white. Also, I absolutely bawled for the last half of the book and I love a book that can make me feel like that. Read my review HERE.
The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown
I have a hard time thinking of another trilogy that is as close to perfection as this series. It is absolutely epic! It has everything I want in a great series- action, adventure, a new world, characters I love. I highly recommend this series! Read my reviews if you are interested 🙂 [Red Rising, Golden Son, Morning Star]
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
This is probably one of my favorite books and is showcases my love for fantasy and my love for fangirling. This book has the most swoonworthy romance and I just love gushing about it. This was my very first review on my blog and honestly my inspiration for book blogging because I had all these feelings and wanted to share them with the book community! Read my review HERE.
2. What’s your favorite time period to read about?
Probably present day, I’m not a huge fan of historical fiction but will still read it and have some historical fiction on my favorites list. Although one of my favorite types of book to read is a fantasy world with a Victorian or Medieval setting.
3. What is one of your favorite posts that you wrote?
Probably my first discussion post about magical realism. I still need to read a lot of the books on my list- but I enjoyed researching bookish topic I wasn’t too sure about and learning all of the opinions of other bloggers out there! Check out my post HERE.
4. How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?
I am not a pineapple person. I like pineapple, but not on pizza. Not with pepperoni and definitely not Hawaiian.
5. If you’re not reading, what are you doing?
Haha, sometimes I wish I could read all the time! If its during the week I am probably working, running or studying for the GRE. I usually get a lot of reading done on the weekends, but you might also find me out at about trying new restaurants or at Golden Gate park with my dog. The weather has been absolutely beautiful lately so I love to get outside!
6.Are there any popular books/series that you haven’t read yet?
Yes. Definitely. I’m currently working through the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes. I’ve also read the first two books of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and I need to finish it so I can get through the rest of her series!
Here are a few series I haven’t started, but are high on my list:
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
7. If you could effortlessly learn something new right now, what would it be?
I’d definitely want to learn how to play the piano! I know its never too late to learn, but its so much easier learning as a kid that I wish I would have learned earlier.
8. What’s your go-to book recommendation that you like to give?
The Shades of Magic Series by V.E. Schwab
I actually gave the first book to a coworker as a Secret Santa present last Christmas! I like this series because it is such a good introduction to fantasy for those who are interested, but the world is so expertly created, and the characters so complex that a seasoned fantasy reader will enjoy it as well.
9. When do you like to work on posts? Are you a day or night person?
My preference is morning, and I love waking up on Sunday morning with my cup of coffee and writing some blog posts! am definitely a morning person 🙂 However, I often write posts at night when I come home from work if I can’t finish most of them over the weekend.
10. What would be your ideal day?