First of all, I wanted to say thank you to The Library Lizard for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is my first tag ever and I am very excited to participate 🙂
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
11 5 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
1.What is your favourite book title?
Only one favorite? If I haven’t made it abundantly clear already, the Harry Potter series is near and dear to my heart. Some of my favorites that immediately come to mind are the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, The Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson, Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas and Graceling by Kristen Cashore.
2.Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always been a big reader but I started blogging mostly because I wanted to keep track of what I was reading. I used to read other book blogs for book recommendations so I thought, why not, and started my own! I’m obviously pretty new and still learning how to navigate wordpress and the blogging community but I’ve had a lot of fun so far. I love interacting with the blogging community- everyone has been so welcoming and I had no idea everyone was just as excited about books as I was!
3.What is your favourite genre?
Definitely fantasy and dystopian books. I love being able to escape into another world.
4.What is your least favourite genre?
I’m usually not that partial to historical fiction..BUT some of my favorite books are historical fiction, like Pillars of the Earth. I usually don’t pick up books in this genre, but I have been pleasantly surprised in the past so I am willing to try anything 🙂
5.Name three of your favourite characters.
I always have a hard time thinking of all time favorites but three notable characters that come to mind right now are:
- Gansey from The Raven Cycle. I was just a huge Gansey fan throughout the series. Most of the time I just wanted to give him a big hug.
- Katsa from Graceling. She was such a badass character and I loved her character development throughout Graceling.
- I know everyone has already talked about this in every YA fantasy book blog and maybe its silly that I’m choosing him as a favorite character…but I can’t help it! I’m still fangirling over Rhysand months after finishing ACOMAF. I’M SORRY I CAN’T HELP IT.
6.What fictional world would you choose to live in?
I think it would be pretty cool to live in Vi’s world in The Creepy Hollow series. I love the idea of having magic and other unique abilities. Plus, she lives in a magic tree with a shape shifting animal named FiIigree 🙂
7.What do you use as a book mark?
Nothing exciting…once in a while I use a cute bookmark, but for the most part I just use a scrap of paper or old business card I have lying around. My pet peeve is a dog-eared page so I definitely don’t do that! But I’m not particular about what I use as a bookmark.
8. What is your favourite letter of the alphabet?
A. My name starts with it, its the first letter of the alphabet. If I have to choose 🙂
9.What’s the longest book you’ve ever read?
I had to go back through my Goodreads for this. Leo Tolstoy and Ayn Rand books come to mind but I haven’t read any of their books. It will probably be Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett at 816 pages. Also one of my favorite books!
10.Favourite book cover?
This is tough.. I’m going to choose from books that I’ve read. The Bird and the Sword, The Love That Split the World and These Broken Stars all have beautiful covers. The covers were definitely part of the reason I was attracted to the book in the first place!
11.Sunshine or snow?
I’m a born and bred Californian, so definitely sunshine. I’ve actually never had a white Christmas before…
Here are my nominations if you want to participate as well! You obviously don’t have to if you’ve already done this tag or don’t want to.
Here are my questions:
- What is your comfort book? (the book you would read over and over again without getting bored)
- What is your favorite spot to read?
- What is one book you love that is way outside of your usual genre?
- Who is your favorite YA couple?
- What are some of your favorite series?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you prefer series or standalone books? Why?
- What are your favorite classics?
- What are you reading right now? Are you enjoying it?
- Do you drink coffee or tea while reading? (or neither)
- Who is one YA main character you would want on your team in the apocalypse?